“He has carbon monoxide poisoning…in the hospital….being rushed to a hyperbaric chamber…don’t know what happened….”
Messages such as this hurtle me back to when we lost another sibling a few years before. My knees buckle and I fall to the floor, thinking ” this can’t happen again. I’m not strong enough….”
I call and get more details. My brother got CO poisoning while running a gas powered washer in an unventilated room on the job site. He’ll be OK, but they need to get the poisonous gas out of his system as his body is currently at 21% carbon monoxide.
Christ. Then I get this picture…..
His look says it all, and I smile in the midst of a scary situation. I know he is thinking, ” you’ve got to be freaking kidding me….”
At least he’ll be able to tell the story for years to come.